In late 2017, Salesforce began rolling out a new feature for Marketing Cloud called Content Builder. The cross-channel content management tool allows users to consolidate images, documents, and other content into a single location for use in Marketing Cloud email sends. It also introduced a new user-friendly drag and drop interface in the associated Email Studio for more intuitive content creation and editing. The IU CRM Initiative undertook this foundational project to implement Content Builder across IU’s Marketing Cloud environment, in partnership with IU Communications, who offered users instruction on using the new system.
The new Content Builder and Email Studio introduced:
- An intuitive user-friendly graphical interface
- Professional email and template creation without HTML knowledge
- Insertable code snippets for common links
- Intelligent HTML editing with color coding and line numbers
- Enhanced global and local search and filtering tools
- Real-time email preview while editing